Re: increase FD (file descriptors) in Debian 3.0 !

In article <[🔎] 20021031105440.GA6014@zombie.inka.de>,
Eduard Bloch  <edi@gmx.de> wrote:
> "Huy T.Q" <huytu@hcmc.netnam.vn> wrote:
> > Dear Debian Users,
> > I am use Squid on Debian 3.0 and I only saw 1024 FD (file
> > descriptors) in my Squid when system starting.
> > Can i increase FD number in Debian ?
> > Thank for Your helps.
>
>sysctl -A | grep file > /etc/sysctl.conf
>editor /etc/sysctl.conf
>sysctl -p

No idea what question this is the answer to, but not to Huy's
question ;)

Correct answer: edit /etc/default/squid, restart squid.

Note that you need to run a 2.4 kernel, on 2.2 there is a
hard limit of 1024 filedescriptors per process.

Mike.