Re: Woody Installation Problem

>Maybe that CD has errors on it.  You can check it by mounting it, going to
>the directory where it's mounted, then
>
>md5sum -c md5sums.txt
>
>No output = good, error output=bad

Thanks, I'll try that.

>If so you'll need to get a new cd or install those packages from http or ftp.
>

>> I then ran dselect, but couldn't figure out how to tell it to find the
>> files on the CDROM.  So, now what do I do?  Reboot from CD1
>> (or my boot floppy)?
>
>In dselect, choose "Access" from the main menu, and it has a cdrom option.
>You could try uninstalling the broken package, then re-installing it from the
>cd again from an ftp or http source (choose under "Access" again in dselect).

I had tried that, but there was, alas, no option for multi-CD.
I have no idea how many packages might be broken.
During the install, only the first 3 CDs were used [except for the initial
"indexing" of the CDs].

Is there a way to restart tasksel so that it will prompt for all the tasks again
[not just the ones that weren't selected the previous time]?

Joe Riel