Woody Installation Problem

I'm a Linux newbie, and am having a problem installing
Woody from CD.  During the initial installation I ran tasksel
with various tasks selected.  While unpacking stuff from
CD 3 and error occurred:

  cxref
   /usr/bin/dpkg  returned error code (1)

At that point [things are a bit fuzzy, this was several days ago]
the installation routine appeared to return me to tasksel again.
I didn't have time to continue and so aborted the process.

The next time I booted the system I found that [with a little tweaking]
I have a partially working Linux system. X-windows comes up, as
does Gnome.  However, various help pages are missing, for example,
clicking on the gnome-help-manager returns the error

   Missing TOC

I then attempted to run tasksel, thinking that it would finish up
the installation.  No luck.  The only options it now allows are those
I previously did NOT select; i.e. I assume it thinks it has correctly
installed everything.

I then ran dselect, but couldn't figure out how to tell it to find the
files on the CDROM.  So, now what do I do?  Reboot from CD1
(or my boot floppy)?

Thanks for any help

Joe Riel