Re: Raid 0 array on Abit KG7-RAID

Jorge Gomez said:
>   Hi, I have an Abit KG7 RAID mb with an hpt370 chip onboard and a RAID 0
> array. A few weeks ago, I've installed Debian 3.0 with disks bf2.4  and
> it worked with problems. The most important of this problems was that it
> was appearing that message continously  :
>
>        hde: dma_intr: error=0x84 {DriveStatusError BadCRC}
>        (you
> can change hde by hdg)
>        hde: dma_intr: error=0x51 {DriveReadySeekComplete Error}    (you
>        can
> change hde by hdg)

not sure about the 2nd error, it is probably related to the first.
I encountered the first error when I used IDE cables longer then 18"
on my Promise ATA/100 controllers(non-raid). The problems immediately
stopped once I used 18"(which is the IDE official spec) cables. I
reccomend checking your cables, if they are longer then 18" then
replace them with 18" cables.

This isn't specific to linux, I encountered the same problem under
freebsd 4.4 as well last year. the CRC error is not a fatal error,
just a warning that some data failed a check, the data was transferred
again and it passed the check. You can probably generate a ton
of these errors by generating some high I/O such as looping a kernel
compile or running bonnie++

ditch the 24" or 32" cables if you have em though. In some systems
the 18" cables are short enough that I can only fit 1 drive on each
cable, the 2nd connector doesn't reach..but thats life I guess.

nate