Re: java 1.3 and glibc 2.3.1

On  0, Gottfried Szing <gottfried@szing.at> wrote:
> Craig Dickson wrote:
>
> >I don't know what PSE Pro is; does it really work only on 1.3? You can't
> >use 1.4.1? What I've done for a few things is use 1.4.1 with the
> >j2ee.jar from 1.3 (since AFAIK there is still no jdk1.4-ee). I haven't
> >found this to cause any problems.
> >

> i have the same problem. but not with the pse pro, but with the bea
> weblogic which
> runs only with a jdk 1.3.1. ok, a jdk 1.2 is also working, but the
> performance is very
> poor. for this reason i cannot run weblogic with debian.
>
> is there no real solution for this problem? sth like chroot-ing, adding
> an additional
> library?

Ermmm... read the rest of the thread.  The OP posted a solution.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"If your  company is not involved in something called "ISO 9000" you
probably have no idea what it is.  If your company _is_ involved in ISO
9000 then you definitely have no idea what it is."
	- Scott Adams - The Dilbert principle

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au