Re: java 1.3 and glibc 2.3.1

Hi,

> The problem here is that some idiot at Sun put a call to __libc_wait
> in the JVM. __libc_wait is (was) an internal function of libc 2.2 that
> should never have been called directly from outside libc, and it no
> longer exists in libc 2.3.

> I don't know what PSE Pro is; does it really work only on 1.3? You
> can't use 1.4.1? What I've done for a few things is use 1.4.1 with the
> j2ee.jar from 1.3 (since AFAIK there is still no jdk1.4-ee). I haven't
> found this to cause any problems.

PSE Pro for Java is an ObjectStore implementation I am studying nowadays
at my university.

Yes, it _does_ work. Compiling and running too.

(What does not work: the IDE Eclipse (www.eclipse.org), because it uses
GTK _and_ java, which depends on glibc2.3. Okay, I could use the same
trick unpacking old gtk2.0 packages, putting them into
/usr/local/gtkforjava,... I'd better use Java 1.4.1 for eclipse, and
1.3.1 for ObjectStore.)

greets,

ritch