Re: OT: Flamebait: Text vs HTML email

>> > I'm always puzzled by these rants and queries.  Amazing to me, books,
>> > those antiquated hardcopy reserves of printed ascii,
>>
>> Books are just printed ASCII? Books don't use multiple fonts, not even
>> different sizes of the same font, or italics? Books have no graphical
>> elements? Are you sure about this?
>
> Yes, of course, I over simplified.

The people who do the typesetting and layout for books
generally know what they're doing.  (At least they used to.)
This is rarely the case these days with the HTML I've seen.

The typesetter also has complete control over the appearence of
the page and they know what the page looks like to the reader.
Neither of these is true in the case of HTML.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Like I always
                                  at               say -- nothing can beat