Re: Net Install Requirements..

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 01:17 am, John wrote:
> Oleg wrote:
> >
> >Why? AFAIK there are organizations giving out i486s and Pentiums for free.
> > If that is true, and also because, e.g. Wal-Mart sells reasonably modern
> > new Lindows computers for $300 [1], i386s are simply not worth your time.

Yes..  I run my own small software company and have better computers by far
plus a lab full of LTSP-based thin-clients.  But all those machines are being
used to capacity and I want to experiment with Debian.

I do have an old PowerPC Macintosh with 64MB of RAM and about two small SCSI
drives.  Maybe I should use it.

The i386 wouldn't seem to boot off the floppy using the root.bin image.

Matthew

--
Anything that can be logically explained, can be programmed.