Re: Play VCD on computer

--- dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> wrote:

> is a
> | > bit small, but
> tried
> | > it).  (I should also
> | >
> | > I use mplayer. Very sweet xv accelerated
> fullscreen
> | > output.
>
> Interestingly enough, an apt-cache search for vcd
> only shows xine.
>
> | I had no luck with xine the latest version. Ealier
> | version got problem too, only play the first track
> and
> | jump to the end in one vcd, I suspect the quality
> of
> | the disk, but mplayer plays just fine.
> |
> | I think, xine has a long way to go.
>
> I only played the beginning of one show.  It was
> more of a
> demo/experiment than anything else.  A co-worker had
> a vcd with
> something on it, but no vcd player on his win2k
> machine.  I did an
> apt-cache search, install, and voila, there was the
> movie playing
> (rather) nicely :-).
>
> -D
I'm running Woody with kernel 2.4.9 on my desktop,
with a Matrox video card. I changed my sources.list to
unstable and did a apt-get install xine-ui. Works
great using the Xv video driver and the oss audio
driver.  I have watched a few .avi movies with it and
full screen is clear as a picture.
Just my two cents worth.
Don