webservers: don't accept external connections?

Hi there,

After having killed my debian install one day and reinstalling it the other,
I've since then had trouble getting external computers to access my webpages.

Although I can view the page from my own computer and that of another
computer on the network (although ipmasq stopped working also.. so i can't do
that anymore..) other people simply can't access the pages, they just get a
'host not found' error.

can someone shed some light on this?

Cheers,

William