Exim delivery to a maildir (or just use procmail?) questions

Ok, I've got courier-imapd installed and configured.

How do I get exim to deliver all localy generated mail to stay in the
standard mail spool for the system but all other mail which is coming in
through fetchmail to go into a maildir so I can imap serve this to other
hosts I'm at during the day?

I've checked the docs in /usr/share/doc and the exim website and I see
references to maildir and I see something about maildir in the exim.conf
file commented out.  Should I just uncomment that and then it magically
works?  I'm not sure if thats all I need to fix to make it start
working.

I also assume I need to make a maildir for myself, but then how do I get
exim to find it?  Do I need to make all other users a maildir now?  I'm
having trouble finding a good howto or even a non-cryptic faq.

Or is what I really should be doing is looking into procmail to move
things not local from my mbox into the maildir?

I'd appreciate any tips tricks, links or dire warnings.

--mike