Re: finding dependencies

> --Ere3gl7haSgyRdoj
>
>     My apologies if this is blindingly obvious, but what's the best way to
> find out what packages are using a given package? If I want to yank some
> libraries, and I need to know what that is going to break, for example?
>
>     I really have to learn the inner workings of dpkg and friends. Installi=
> ng
> I'm find, removing I'm fine, but I don't know the advanced work yet.=20

Not the best way at all but as a last resort you can order to remove the given
package in dselect. It would then tell you what packages depend on it, or,
actually, the first level of the dependency tree that is rooted at the given
package.
But be careful not to force dselct to take the remove action in order not to
break your system.
As for a safer tool to do it, possibly with a nice GUI interface, I believe
that there is an on going debian project for that purpose.