Re: Q: Best partition breakdown one OS?

> I'm posting this again because I got a refusal first time, Debian mailbox
> being full...
>
> Hi,
>
> Right now I have a dual boot system setup on a 5Gig drive. I gave W98SE
> 2Gig, then set up Linux in the extended partitions with:
>
> /boot 15MB
> /swap/100MB
> / 2gig
> /home 500MB
>
> The question I have is when I finally pull off Windows, how do I partition,
> especially bearing in mind the present lilo's max hard disk size limits? Do
> I set up /boot in the first partition then all the rest in the extended?

I believe you were reffering to the partition the boot sector is in and not to
`lilo's max hard disk size limits'.
I am not sure about the current issues with the partition the boot sector is
in. These are mentioned in the lilo docs if I am not mistaken.
In any case, some suggestions and info about HD partitioning can be found on
www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install and on various HOWTOs of the LDP.