Re: on TeXlive

> It is already there. I have a link
>         /usr/share/texmf-texlive/doc -> ../doc/texlive-doc
>
> BUT: Unfortunately that stupid texdoc does NOT work with links. I got
> already a bug report. The problem is that texdoc makes a find -type f,
> which just breaks. Bad.

I don't agree.

  1. texdoc -s does:

       find -follow -type f

     and altough -follow is deprecated, this does follow symlinks to
     directories:

       /tmp % mkdir a
       /tmp % ln -s a b
       /tmp % touch a/foo
       /tmp % touch a/bar
       /tmp % find b -follow -type f
       b/foo
       b/bar
       /tmp %

  2. texdoc in viewer mode (with no option) does this:

       for ext in "" $extlist; do
         filename=`kpsewhich -format='TeX system documentation' \
                             $name$ext 2>/dev/null`

     (where $extlist is something like '.dvi .dvi.gz .dvi.bz2 .pdf
     .pdf.gz .pdf.bz2 .ps .ps.gz .ps.bz2 .txt .txt.gz .txt.bz2 .html')

     therefore every file that is seen by
     'kpsewhich -format='TeX system documentation' should be found by
     texdoc in viewer mode.

I am speaking about teTeX's texdoc, in case that makes a difference:

  % md5sum /usr/bin/texdoc
  71427f725a2f57b1c3f3baeaa2de7ff8  /usr/bin/texdoc

--
Florent