Re: on TeXlive

On Die, 21 Mär 2006, Frank Küster wrote:

> You are right, that's going to be a problem.  But I think it's a
> problem
> that we should try to solve properly, not by making all documentation
> from texlive unavailable to texdoc.
>
> I have no time to think about it now, but maybe we can install
> documentation in TEXMFDIST?

It is already there. I have a link
        /usr/share/texmf-texlive/doc -> ../doc/texlive-doc

BUT: Unfortunately that stupid texdoc does NOT work with links. I got
already a bug report. The problem is that texdoc makes a find -type f,
which just breaks. Bad.

> > Well, someone who wants to rebuild the documentation. And didn'T we
> > agree that the sources for docs should be available.
>
> Yes, of course - but only in the source package IMO.

You mean that we do not ship the original .tex files in the binary deb.
Hmm. Maybe I can convince texlive upstream to do this change, but I am
not sure, and I don't want to sort it out by hand. Especially since some
source files of the documentation are also source files of the sty/tex
files etc.

HOVE (adj.)
Descriptive of the expression seen on the face of one person in the
presence of another who clearly isn't going to stop talking for a very
long time.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff