Re: on TeXlive

>> It seems texlive-doc-* packages contains some duplications.
>> For example, "dpkg -L texlive-doc-ja" showed me;
>>
>> /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc-ja/japanese/lshort-japanese/00README
>>
>> /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/japanese/lshort-japanese/jlshort.pdf.gz
>>
>> Are these real duplication or there are symlinks I failed
>> to find out?
>
> Symlinks.
>
> All the package doc files is going into
> 	/u/s/d/package-name/...
> and in addition there are links into
> 	/u/s/d/texlive-doc/
> to collect *ALL* documentation in one place.

Shouldn't the "collect all documentation in one place" happen in
/usr/share/doc/texmf?

> On Don, 16 Mär 2006, Frank Küster wrote:
>> > /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc-ja/japanese/lshort-japanese/jlshort-1.00.src.tar.gz
>>
>> It also seems to me as if the src.tar.gz shouldn't be installed in the
>> binary package...
>
> The documentation sources are NOT split from the pdf/dvi files. And I
> guess I cannot do it as there is no infrastructure for this in the tpm
> files. Only DocFile or not.

First of all, wouldn't it be sensible to change this in texlive
upstream?  Who is in fact interested in the tar.gz file?

And second, it shouldn't be too hard to filter out filenames with
"tar.gz" in their names.

Debian Developer (teTeX)