Re: Our sarge backports

Hi all,

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> I don't know anything about cm-super (and we still should be compatible
> with packages not using updmap-sys and old paths, aren't we?), but for
> lmodern I'd say yes.  Florent?

Well, there are two ways of backport lmodern:

  1. Backport teTeX 3 first; then there should be *nothing* to do at all
     for lmodern, I think. One should be able to use the sid package.

  2. Backport the latest lmodern to teTeX 2. This is possible, of
     course, but not very funny. In particular, with teTeX 2,
     10lmodern.cfg is not a conffile but in the last version, we
     modified it to add the backward-compatibility map file. So, we
     would have to modify a non-conffile -> using ucf or something.

Of course, I'd favour solution 1...

BTW: I'll be very busy 'till ~7 of April, so don't expect much from me
     these days.

--
Florent