Re: Our sarge backports

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 01:04 +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:
>>
>> > Do you plan to keep sid based packages available at people.d.o?
>>
>> Yes, I think I should really do that, if you or other developers also
>> use them on sarge.
>
> I would appreciate that. I don't know how much hassle it is to upload to
> both unstable and people.d.o at one time and later on, once the packages
> have migrated to testing, also to backports.org, though.

Not much work - just a matter of not forgetting the people.d.o upload,
and of course waiting for the testing migration mail before the
backports.org upload.

> Anyway, do you think it would make sense to upload a 'backports' of
> lmodern or cm-super to backports.org, too? Current lmodern has the
> advantage that texts with german quotation marks don't lokk completly
> wrong.

I don't know anything about cm-super (and we still should be compatible
with packages not using updmap-sys and old paths, aren't we?), but for
lmodern I'd say yes.  Florent?

Debian Developer (teTeX)