Our sarge backports (was: SVN tetex-bin commit: r1027 - in tetex-bin/trunk/debian: . patches sarge)

Frank Küster <frank@costa.debian.org> wrote:

> Log:
>  * Backports changes
>    - Change the included backporting structure to create version numbers
>      for www.backports.org
>    - Don't apply patch-poppler for the sarge backports, instead apply the
>      xpdf patches again

Another outcome of the talks I had at the DANTE meeting is that we
should encourage Debian sarge users to use teTeX-3.0, and that the URL's
of our backports pages and apt repositories are not well known.

Therefore I decided that we should upload to backports.org, and changed
the infrastructure accordingly.  Since I don't want to maintain libcairo
and libpoppler on backports.org, I've reverted the poppler patch for
sarge.

This also brings libs/xpdf and libs/zlib back into the trunk of the svn
repository, so that one can apply all patches after "debian/rules
sarge".  It has no effect on the sid binary packages, nor on the source
package (the orig.tar.gz contains these directories, anyway, dpkg-source
ignores the deleted files, and they are still "rm -r"ed in the sid clean
target.

Debian Developer (teTeX)