Re: [OT] [was: tetex-3.0 -> keep lmodern as a separate package?]

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> In german we have "Auf Wiedersehen" which is a quite literal translation
> of "Au revoir". Since the advent of the telephone "Auf Wiederhören"
> (hören is ecouter) has been established, although some people (including
> me) find it strange [it might be a question of the region where one
> comes from]. And "Auf Wiederlesen" (Au relire) is still plain wrong, but
> it is understandable and sometimes used as a joke.

I studied a bit of German at school but don't remember having heard
about "Auf Wiederhören"... But much of it is covered by thick dust in my
mind since I don't use it anymore. :-|

> Ciao, Frank

This one I could also understand (if kept simple; writing would be more
difficult). If you really want to fool me, you can try one of the
German-like dialects that I believe are spoken around the center of
Switzerland. :)

--
Florent