Re: why is sarge "minimal" intall so huge compared to woody?

Joao Clemente wrote:
> If I follow the same procedure in sarge, I'll end up with much more disk
> space used, as more packages are installed. Packages which were not
> installed in woody because of that certain bug that Joey (joeyh [at]
> debian.org) described earlier. However, *in this particular scenario*,
> it seem that those packages were never missed by anyone. They were
> simply not needed, at least it seems that way...

Bad logic, just because you don't miss them does not mean nobody did.
Dozens of people wrote in to ask why they didn't get various standard
priority packages installed by default.

As already stated, there is nothing to stop you from de-selecting the
standard priority packages in aptitude before it installs them.

This will probably be improved further after sarge's release. In the
meantime the current system complies with Debian policy and gives us a
way to find out if some packages are incorrectly at standard priority.

--
see shy jo