why is sarge "minimal" intall so huge compared to woody?

Hi.
I got used to deploy woody servers by doing a net install and not selecting any kind of task (in the menu where one chooses "desktop", "web server", "file server", "development", blabla, I would let everything blank). I would then just apt-get what I wanted (samba, or dhcpd, or...)

This is what I'm refering as "minimal install". In woody I would have a minimal install around 100MB or so (I would have about 70-80MB in /usr). Same thing in sarge will get me about 300MB in /usr only.. I see I get things like gcc right "out-of-the-box", that are increasing this "minimal install" size... Was there a reason for this increase of packages in the minimal install or it just happened to stay this way because ? Anyone knows?

Just wondering...
Joao Clemente