Re: Fun upgrading libc (segmentation fault while going from stable to testing in Sun IPX)

At 16:00 +0100 1/13/05, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 13. Januar 2005 15:35 schrieb Mauricio:
 I tried to upgrade to katrina:/home/raub# apt-get install
 kernel-image-2.6.8-1-sparc32, and that is when it started barking
 about libc.  Should I have tried one of the 2.4 kernels instead?

Oh yes, it was also mentioned in DWN, already:
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2004/43/

HS

	Thanks!  Let me try that and post my results.

I got pissed and decided to reinstall debian in that IPX. I make a testing (I assume the order is stable->testing->unstable, right? I still get confused in that) boot cd using jigdo. When I tried to feed my IPX with it, it would hang during the boot process. So, I made a 3.00r4 stable/woody boot cd and was able to install debian. So, I then started looking for a new kernel, just to see if I could go to 2.4 in woody. It seems the only available images are for the ultra series. Lovely.