Re: Fun upgrading libc (segmentation fault while going from stable to testing in Sun IPX)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Mauricio wrote:
[snip]

I got pissed and decided to reinstall debian in that IPX. I make a testing (I assume the order is stable->testing->unstable, right? I still get confused in that) boot cd using jigdo. When I tried to feed my IPX with it, it would hang during the boot process. So, I made a 3.00r4 stable/woody boot cd and was able to install debian. So, I then started looking for a new kernel, just to see if I could go to 2.4 in woody. It seems the only available images are for the ultra series. Lovely.

Hi Mauricio,

If I remember correctly, IPX is sun4c architecture. Sarge (testing) installer formally supports it, but I haven't seen any reports from somebody trying to install on sun4c for a long time. So, if you would be willing to try the latest pre-release image(s) from [0] and submit a detailed installation report [1] afterwards, that would be very valuable.

[0] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

Thanks and best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org