Advice needed on howto take care about scikits.*

Hi,

Simple question, just asking so later on there would be no conflict if
anyone else provides packaging for some other scikits- subproject (there
is none atm though).

I want to provide packages for few scikits.* projects from
http://projects.scipy.org/scikits

e.g. python-scikits-learn, python-scikits-statsmodels

There is close to nothing in common among all those scikits, BUT they
all require residing under scikits/ toplevel, so they all define
__init__.py with

__import__('pkg_resources').declare_namespace(__name__)

so clearly they would conflict if all ship this file.

I have previously packaged python-scikits-openopt but it was the only
scikits* project in Debian, so hadn't caused any problems (and
moved away from scikits into an independent project since then).
But now I wonder what would be the best way to handle multiple scikits-
packages and common to them

/usr/share/pyshared/scikits/__init__.py

?

do you think it would be sane/proper to create yet another package, smth
like

python-scikits-common

which would contain only that file and all scikits-* packages should
depend on it?

or I should do evil with diversions? (alternatives doesn't fit the bill
at all)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]