Re: Advice needed on howto take care about scikits.*

Le lundi 29 mars 2010 à 11:17 -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko a écrit :
> I want to provide packages for few scikits.* projects from
> http://projects.scipy.org/scikits
>
> e.g. python-scikits-learn, python-scikits-statsmodels
>
> There is close to nothing in common among all those scikits, BUT they
> all require residing under scikits/ toplevel, so they all define
> __init__.py with
>
> __import__('pkg_resources').declare_namespace(__name__)
>
> so clearly they would conflict if all ship this file.

Don’t they work correctly if you ship an empty __init__.py file instead?
(I have no idea what declare_namespace does.)

If so, you can rely on python-support creating that file automatically.

Otherwise, I guess the only approach is indeed to make a Debian-specific
package to ship that file.

 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :
`. `'   “A handshake with whitnesses is the same
  `-     as a signed contact.”  -- Jörg Schilling