Re: git.functions to improve the git users experience in your bash

On Sat, 14 Jan 2023 at 12:57, Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 12:27 PM Roberto A. Foglietta <roberto.foglietta@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 at 18:04, Roberto A. Foglietta
>> <roberto.foglietta@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> >  today, I have published this project which aims to deliver some
>> > advanced functions for git and also a lot of smart shortcuts for the
>> > most frequently used git commands. I hope you will like it and
>> > possibly also contribute to its future development with your feedback.
>> > At the moment, the project is limited to support bash. However, if
>> > someone is interested in using it under dash, I will be happy to plan
>> > a porting.
>> >
>> >  https://github.com/robang74/git-functions
>> >

>> It is available on the 'main' branch the v0.4-rc1 for those who like
>> to try it. I suggest not installing it but just try over a spendible
>> repository, just in case. The README.md lists and briefly explains all
>> the functions that wrap git.
>

> It is a nice project, and a good example of how Bash can be customized to fit better one's needs (or a project's needs).

thanks.

> In my opinion, Bash is powerful and ubiquitous.

quite

> On the command line it has the same unique position that JavaScript has on a browser. I believe that it can also have the same success that JavaScript had on web applications (despite being ugly and quirky).

good intuition about remoting for which using a restricted shell is a
must for obvious reasons:

  (HEAD -> devel, origin/devel)
* 65a5fc3 - gitshell() reworked to work inside itself despite restrictions
* 214dec9 - git.shell added: gitshell() as the gateway for the functions

Best regards, R-