Re: git.functions to improve the git users experience in your bash

On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 12:27 PM Roberto A. Foglietta <roberto.foglietta@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 at 18:04, Roberto A. Foglietta
<roberto.foglietta@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  today, I have published this project which aims to deliver some
> advanced functions for git and also a lot of smart shortcuts for the
> most frequently used git commands. I hope you will like it and
> possibly also contribute to its future development with your feedback.
> At the moment, the project is limited to support bash. However, if
> someone is interested in using it under dash, I will be happy to plan
> a porting.

https://github.com/robang74/git-functions

It is available on the 'main' branch the v0.4-rc1 for those who like
to try it. I suggest not installing it but just try over a spendible
repository, just in case. The README.md lists and briefly explains all
the functions that wrap git.

It is a nice project, and a good example of how Bash can be customized to fit better one's needs (or a project's needs).
In my opinion, Bash is powerful and ubiquitous. On the command line it has the same unique position that _javascript_ has on a browser. I believe that it can also have the same success that _javascript_ had on web applications (despite being ugly and quirky).

Regards,
Dashamir