Re: Google ads on debian.org

Stephen Frost wrote:
> It's not clear to me that having ads would make them 'commercial'.  This
> would be something that would have to be run by the appropriate people
> at SPI.  I doubt tbm would have brought it up if it would cause a
> problem for the non-profit status of SPI.

If you seek to generate income with your website, then it's not a
not-for-profit one anymore but a for-profit one and is actually
commercial.  Several of our sponsors are universities which have
strict profit/non-profit policies.  For sure, my university had
to terminate providing a mirror once such advertisments occur.
I'm pretty sure about a similar policy in Dresden where the mirror
www.de.debian.org is located.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Reading is a lost art nowadays.  -- Michael Weber