Re: Compiling 2.6.5 on iMac

Hi,

Alex Solla writes:

> 2.6.5 is the most recent kernel source in the sarge distribution

Not any more, kernel-source-2.6.6 entered sarge a while ago.

> Perhaps you could help me set up usb support for my imac (or point me
> towards some documentation).  I tried several usb settings (including
> leaving everything in), but when I boot from that kernel, my usb mouse
> and keyboard don't even light up.

You need to set CONFIG_USB, CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD, and CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT
in your .config file.  If you choose to build them as modules (which I
recommend), this will result in usbcore.ko, ohci-hcd.ko and usbhid.ko
for a 2.6.6 kernel.  Load these and you should be fine.

Or, install kernel-image-2.6.6-powerpc and hotplug.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!