Re: Compiling 2.6.5 on iMac

Hi,

Alex Solla writes:

> I'm trying to configure and install kernel-source-2.6.5 on a Summer
> 2001 iMac DV.

Any reason for not using the prebuilt kernel-image packages?  Any
reason for not using 2.6.6?

> I'm trying to optimize for speed, so I'm trying to get rid of any
> hardware drivers for hardware that isn't installed.

I'd recommend that you use the kernel from kernel-image-2.6.6-powerpc.
The kernel binary itself is very small, and the drivers that you need
to get running can be loaded as modules.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!