Re: new input layer and mouse button emulation

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 01:04:26PM -0500, Patrice LaFlamme wrote:

> I do see the new input layer. It does't compile, no matter how many times
> I rerun menuconfig. But maybe I'm doing something wrong, don't know what.

it took me a couple times to get it right.

> Security issues aren't important on my laptop... They're more important
> on my gateway :)

2.2.19 also includes the last of the powerpc fixes.

> One less error than before... I guess you should send me your .config :)

i will send it in a private mail, so as not to spam the list.

> Where can I get 2.2.19? is the rsync place still ppc.samba.org? (and why
> are the names outdated? the linux-pmac-unstable branch still lists
> 2.3.x... and I never know which version I'm downloading until it's almost
> done and I can look into include/linux/versionh ....)

you get 2.2.19 from ftp.XX.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.2/  where XX
is your country code.  (ftp.kernel.org if the mirrors still have not
caught up) you do not need to rsycn 2.2 kernels and you should not.
the mainline kernel is the correct one.

> hehe. but it runs so well on my PC.. It even sped up Realplayer! (I'm
> not lying!) :)

yup 2.4 is pretty much ok on x86, i still don't trust it thier for
anything important since it seems to have a habit for eating
filesystems (why does every new kernel seem to eat filesystems for
about 13 revisions?) but on powerpc or other archs on Linus' shitlist
its rather broken.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/