Re: new input layer and mouse button emulation

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 02:57:00AM +0100 or thereabouts, Andre Berger wrote:
> I've updated my potato system (PB3400) to kernel 2.2.19pre17-pmac from
> proposed updates, which uses the new input layer model. I've changed
> mouse type and device successfully, the mouse works in X and the
> consoles, with gpm. The only thing not solved: Mouse button emulation. I
> used to boot with "adb_buttons=76,127" (IIRC) option in BootX, which had
> mapped my 2nd and 3rd mouse button to spare keys. Keys have changed
> according to xev, this wouldn't be a problem. But is there a similar
> option for the new input layer like adb_buttons? The
> kernel-parameters.txt document seemed not helpful.

Hi!

Check in /proc/sys/kernel/mac_hid orsomething (not home now, can't check)
You ca activate mouse_button_emulation and determine which keycode to use
for button 2 and 3.. Keycodes are defined in include/linux/input.h I think.

Note however that on my pb3400 I've been very unlucky with kernel-powered button
emulation (as opposed to Xpmac-powered button emulation...)

Cheers,
Patrix.