Re: new input layer and mouse button emulation

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 09:06:00AM -0500, Patrice LaFlamme wrote:

> But, my main problem is that I can't even get a kernel compiled with the
> new input layer, so there's no chance of getting it to work (that's with 2.2.18).

it can be done, with 2.2.18 and 2.2.19.  its just the kernel
configuration system is buggy so you have to do two runthroughs to get
the old adb drivers turned off, which allows the new input layer
drivers to show up.

using menuconfig to to macintosh->drivers and turn off both of the
`old adb' drivers for mouse and keyboard.  save the config and then
run menuconfig.  you should see two new input layer options in the
same place iirc.

you also need USB turned on along with event layer, input layer etc.

leave sysrq turned off, its broken.  try 2.2.19 as well some of this
might be cleaned up there, and 2.2.18 has serious security issues.

if you like i can give you my kernel .config, which you can tune to
your tastes (it will just have all the input layer crap sorted out
already)

> As for 2.4.x... well... I'm not using that yet... :)

good idea.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/