Re: Another Poor Documentation Rant

Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > > Patches are fine.  Suggestions are welcome, although it's more than a
> > > little bit late for them.  Rants do no one any good, and get
> > > short-tempered replies like this one is shaping up to be.
> >
> > The problem is that I'm not a hacker trying this linux distro because
> > I've got a spare Mac lying around, I'm a mac user who's completely new
> > to linux! I *can't* write patches, and I barely know enough to make suggestions!
>
> In this case, Debian/PPC is not for you. Not yet. Period.

Wow, that's quite a statement.  Some aspects of Debian are harder (installation, poor
documentation for PPC, some of the specific package bugs we've discussed).  Others
are easier (most notably package management, but there are many others).  All-in-all,
because it doesn't come preinstalled on any PPC machines, I can't say I disagree with
your assessment of its suitability for newbies.

<suggestion>So maybe the install docs or release notes should say something to this
effect?</suggestion>

-Adam P.