Re: Another Poor Documentation Rant

> > OK, let's try this again.
> >
> > !!!RANTS DO NO GOOD!!!

Nor does yelling out loud :-)

> > Patches are fine.  Suggestions are welcome, although it's more than a
> > little bit late for them.  Rants do no one any good, and get
> > short-tempered replies like this one is shaping up to be.
>
> The problem is that I'm not a hacker trying this linux distro because
> I've got a spare Mac lying around, I'm a mac user who's completely new
> to linux! I *can't* write patches, and I barely know enough to make suggestions!

In this case, Debian/PPC is not for you. Not yet. Period. This being a
Debian list, I won't dare to suggest alternatives, but they won't be hard
to find.

The lack of HFS+ support is a well documented feature of the PPC Linux
kernel. Just browse the help section on www.linuxppc.org. The second entry
of the FAQ covers HFS vs. HFS+. I assume the FAQ is referenced as one of
the most important sources of information on PPC Linux in the Debian
install guide. If that's not the case, file a bug against boot-floppies so
we can get it (and the FAQ-O-Matic) included.

So what I'm saying is: do your homework, research the web, don't assume
anything will just work.

	Michael