Re: Interested in adopting the premake package

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Vincent Cheng wrote:
>
>> First of all, thanks for volunteering to package and maintain
>> premake4! One of my packages (0ad) actually uses an embedded copy of
>> premake, which I would like to switch to using a system version if
>> possible, but of course premake4 isn't yet available in Debian...
>
> Why is 0ad upstream embedding premake4?

AFAIK because it's nowhere near as popular as other build systems and
thus not as readily available to end-users. Also because upstream has
made some modifications to it (I'm guilty of that myself for
forwarding a few patches upstream to get their embedded premake to
build on kfreebsd, but not to upstream premake).

Vincent