Re: RFS: policyd-weight (3rd)

Hi Arno,

>> a) it's ok that the files reside in the debian directory ?
>> b) I missed a "dh_clean" (or pedant) somewhere ?
>> c) I have to delete those manually?
>
> I didn't actually try your source package, but it looks feasible. These
> files are created by a regular build process and entirely typical for a
> debhelper based workflow. Every temporary file in debian YOU don't
> create during build but debhelper is being cleaned by dh_clean. So, as
> long as you call dh_clean in your clean target, you do not need to worry
> about it.
>
> You will find them after every build attempt of your binary packages. As
> long as they do not appear in the resulting source package (which they
> won't, if you made everything right), all is good.

I see, i was a little confused but your explanation made things clear
to me. Thank you. Would linitian complain e.g. for example about those
files?

> Clean the build tree manually if you're worried about them (e.g. call
> "fakeroot debian/rules clean"). dpkg-buildpackage will do so
> automatically prior to build your package.

I just ran "fakeroot debian/rules clean" after the build process, all files
are gone.

Thanks for your patience help and for answering my (maybe silly) questions!

Cheers,
WErn