Re: Lintian clean? (was: Re: RFS: mpview)

In <[🔎] 20090503202507.GA2803@chistera.yi.org>, Adeodato Simó wrote:
>+ Paul Wise (Sun, 03 May 2009 15:56:23 +0800):
>> m.d.n (currently) only has source packages to deal with so that makes
>> the lintian warnings from there much less useful.
>Will/could/should debexpo require that uploads are accompanied with
>binaries, even if to throw them away after running eg. lintian?

If the resources behind debexpo allow it, it would be nice for debexpo to,
like the openSUSE Build Service, do the builds itself and perform the
lintian checks on the result.

It need not be cross-architecture.  I think it would help reduce FTBFS bugs,
at least.