Re: Lintian clean? (was: Re: RFS: mpview)

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 3:26 PM, George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:

> Running just lintian on m.d.o is not enough, what is indeed needed is
> lintian from *sid* to be run over the package. I'm guessing that m.d.o is
> running lintian from stable which knows less than the lintian from sid for
> obvious reasons. Since m.d.o has to be run on stable I assume, one idea to
> deal with that is to run latest lintian in a sid chroot (which has to be
> updated regularly and being a drawback) or remove the lintian checks and
> assertions completely from m.d.o since the sponsors should check it anyway
> with the latest lintian from sid.

Lintian from sid is perfectly installable in lenny, no need for
chroots, just some apt pinning to keep it up to date correctly.

m.d.n (currently) only has source packages to deal with so that makes
the lintian warnings from there much less useful.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise