Re: Lintian clean? (was: Re: RFS: mpview)

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:

> Will/could/should debexpo require that uploads are accompanied with
> binaries, even if to throw them away after running eg. lintian?
> Additionally, would it be useful to keep them around, but available only
> for sponsors? I know myself I *sometimes* like looking at the binary
> packages without compiling them myself, to catch a first round of
> errors.

Both of those sound reasonable to me, Johnny Lamb is the debexpo
maintainer though.

In addition:

I'd like a buildd network for mentors so we can check for FTBFS,
lintian warnings etc on other architectures.

I'd like to see our main archive require binary packages but throw
them away so I'd like to have mentors do something similar.

BTW, if anyone wants to work on it, the debexpo code is here:

http://debexpo.workaround.org/

Reminder: there will be DebConf/DebCamp hacking sessions to finally
get it deployed, please join us.

--
bye,
pabs