Re: debian/watch, sf.net and -dev versions

Am Freitag, den 21.09.2007, 15:45 +0200 schrieb Patrick Schoenfeld:
> Daniel Leidert schrieb:
> > Well, you removed the second proposal from my answer, which exactly
> > handles this case (I e.g. have a similar problem for gchempaint and
> > gnome-chemistry-utils, see the debichem SVN). So I'm wondering, why you
> > didn't give it a try?
>
> Well, probably because it is _not_ handling the case. It is eventually a
> temporary hack to get it running for the moment, but not a solution.
> Because upstream is not making a difference between odd and even version
> numbers by intension. Its just coincidence that it happens like that. I
> don't like to build a debian/watch file on coincidence, cause thats
> likely to break in the future (as early as 1.1.x is released as the next
> stable release).
>
> So i cannot take this package names of sourceforge into account, but
> need to base something on the versioning scheme?

Here is an example that works. However, you need to add some mangle
rules to make it work downloading the .tar.gz too and naming the file
correctly.

version=3
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=14963&package_id=166159 .*mantis-([\d\.]+)\.tar\.gz.*

Regards, Daniel