Re: debian/watch, sf.net and -dev versions

Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> If you are sure that they use only dots and numbers, you may wish to
> use ([\d\.]+) instead of (.*) for versioning.

How would that help me? This would match digits and points as part of
the version instead of everything and so it would also consider 1.5.x to
be newer then 1.4.x.
Which is right, if one just compares version numbers to each other. But
then again I do package only stable versions of the software, so I don't
mind those -dev versions. Ehm. To make it more clearer. The package name
has the same scheme:

<package>-1.4.1 for example vs. <package>-1.4.2

The only difference is - in sourceforge terms - a different package name.

> Could you please tell us the package you are interested in, if this
> doesn't help?

Well, the one I used for the example is not actual anymore, as I noticed
that the program I wanted to package is already part of mysql-client.
But another package where I have this issue is mantis.

> P.S. [OT] For sf.net, if you want a standard directory listing instead of
> using the watch sf.net workaround, try
> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/<package>, for example:
> http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/maxima/

Thanks, for this tipp, but that does not help me either.

Thanks in advance for any useful information,
Best Regards

Patrick