Re: [UPLOADED] hex-a-hop (updated package)

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 04:13:21PM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> > What I meant is that if you consider license information of any value to
> > the reader of the manual page, it should contain a link to the actual
> > license text (it can be on the internet as well).  In fact, I expect it
> > not to add much value at all, and I would have removed it completely.
> > But it's up to you, and if you like it better this way, again, it's not
> > wrong.
>
> Still not sure about it. I thought most GPL license statements occur
> without a reference to the full license as GPL is very well known.

Ok, that makes sense.  Forget about the link then. :-)

But what remains is that manual pages don't usually contain license
information (non-free ones may, I don't know, I don't use them ;-) ).
So to put it in there you'd need a reason IMO.  People who want to know
license information should look in /usr/share/doc/$package/copyright,
and not in the manual page.

But feel free to disagree. :-)

Thanks,
Bas