Re: RFS: hex-a-hop (updated package)

Hello again,

I have some questions before uploading the package:
- You have specified "Priority: extra".  According to policy, "This
  contains all packages that conflict with others with required,
  important, standard or optional priorities, or are only likely to be
  useful if you already know what they are or have specialized
  requirements."  I would expect this to be optional.  Is there a reason
  that it isn't?
- debian/copyright is almost complete.  It says: "On Debian systems, the
  complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in
  `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'.", which isn't very clear about the
  version.  I suggest you use something like what was suggested on the
  games list by Eddy.  It also says "The Debian packaging is (C) 2007,
  Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> and is licensed under the GPL, see
  above.".  You may want to add your name to that (AFAIK you did
  significant parts as well).  And this is a "GPL without version"
  claim, which according to the GPL means any version is acceptable.  I
  think this is not what is intended.  Also, it is said that "(C)" has
  no legal meaning, you should use the word "copyright" instead.  I
  don't think any judge would consider this unclear, but better safe
  than sorry. :-)
- The manual page mentions the license.  This is not required, but if
  you do it, it would be good to point to /usr/share/common-licenses for
  the complete text.
- Lintian gives a list of warnings for the translated manpages.  They're
  not compressed with gzip -9, and some of them have errors.  These
  should be fixed.  For the compression, you should add "-9" to the gzip
  command in debian/i18n/Makefile.  I didn't look at the other problems,
  but lintian -i gives some hints.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 01:15:04AM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:

You may be using lintian from stable?  The one from sid gives the
errors, anyway.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html