Re: How can a non-DD fix broken packages?

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 21:48 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> IMHO we really should have a global NMU blacklist (no, never per-package.
> That way lies lameness) which we could ask the ctte to place maintainers in
> for a few months when someone does the NMU-and-forget routine and that NMU
> causes problems: screw up an NMU and don't clean up after yourself, get
> punished by not being able to screw up through NMUs again for a while.

Is this actually such a big problem that there needs to come a separate
infrastructure and procedure for punishment? Or does it only happen
occasionally and would contacting those maintainers to tell them the
results of their actions suffice?

> We should *also* have the pts auto-add anyone who does an NMU to receive all
> bug reports.  If you NMU, you *are* responsible for it, and it is not nice
> to make it so easy for one to forget he NMUed something, after all.

That sounds like a good idea; just send copies to the last uploader if
that's not in the list of maintainers. That would also automatically
stop the mails to you upon the next maintainer upload.

Thijs