Re: How can a non-DD fix broken packages?

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 12:03:19PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> There are no technical measures in place which *prohibit* developers from
> sponsoring NMUs.  Nevertheless, the concept of a sponsored NMU is a broken
> one, because responsibility for the NMU lies with the uploader, not with the
> sponsoree.

Does that mean that your opinion is that sponsored NMU's should be
forbidden? I would regret that.  It's not bad that someone in the NM
queue also does NMU's to help fixing other packages.  And I don't see a
problem with responsability if the sponsor is aware of that
responsability.  But maybe I'm missing something?

 -- Bart Martens <bartm@knars.be>  Tue, 30 May 2006 22:02:12 +0200