Re: How can a non-DD fix broken packages?

On Tue, 30 May 2006, Steve Langasek wrote:
> The difference being that most of the time when someone "sponsors" an NMU,
> they're effectively shirking their own duty to follow up on the package and
> ensure that the NMU hasn't introduced any regressions.  Often, they're
> shirking their duty to even check the correctness of the provided patch
> themselves.

IMHO we really should have a global NMU blacklist (no, never per-package.
That way lies lameness) which we could ask the ctte to place maintainers in
for a few months when someone does the NMU-and-forget routine and that NMU
causes problems: screw up an NMU and don't clean up after yourself, get
punished by not being able to screw up through NMUs again for a while.

We should *also* have the pts auto-add anyone who does an NMU to receive all
bug reports.  If you NMU, you *are* responsible for it, and it is not nice
to make it so easy for one to forget he NMUed something, after all.

  Henrique Holschuh