Re: A list of common gotchas in Debian packaging

On 5/4/06, Panu Kalliokoski <atehwa@sange.fi> wrote:
Some issues seem to come up time and again when somebody inspects RFS'd
packages.  Some of these are not breaches of policy but simply bad
practices, like leaving quoted dh_* commands in debian/rules.  Some are
breaches of policy but common enough to focus separate attention to.

I wonder, whether there is a list of these "common gotchas" in packaging
somewhere, or a checklist for package quality?  In a similar vein, I
wonder whether there is a checklist of qa procedures to do for a fresh
package, like lintian/linda testing, piuparts testing, and building with
pbuilder.  If not, somebody (I?) should probably compile these lists
from various sources.

Maybe another page like I did is necessary[1]. A reference to this new
page should be added, too.

I added a short list there, but I guess there could be links to the
pages specified as replies to the initial mail.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/HowToPackageForDebian

--
Regards,
EddyP