Re: Let's stop feeding the NVidia cuckoo

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 02:41:43PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> writes:

>> > "This is a photograph" is not sufficient information to determine
>> > whether something might be source. Extreme examples: a photograph
>> > of the text of a C file is not source.
>> It could very well be, depending on intent.
>
> You know what I meant;

In the context of this thread, I can't be quite sure.  We have to
distinguish between two cases: 1) the photograph being presented as
being the source for the program that would result from compiling the
C code depicted, and 2) as a picture of the source code for something.
The photograph can quite obviously never be reasonably considered to
be the source for the *program*, but a JPEG (or whatever format) can
be the source for a *picture of the source for the program*.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@inprovide.com